Go down 
AuthorMessage
TessAnna
Admin

Number of posts : 360
Registration date : 2008-05-31

PostSubject: MAP INFO FROM OLD FORUMS   Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:32 pm

By DRAIN

Well, I was playing around with the map editor, and, at least for me, it seems pretty commonsense. So, I'm certain I could map for this game. The only thing that really bothers me is the .def file you have to include with the map. Telling teleports where to go and such... So, just to make sure everything is correct, if someone else is really good at programming, I can give them the map once I'm done and they can do the .def file. If not, I'll toy around with some .def's. (like I wasn't going to do that anyway... lol)

Currently, I'm still playing around with the map, testing things and such. But, once that gets done, I'll start work on a guild map, if everyone likes the idea that is. Just by using the map editor, I can see that several guilds have their own maps already... (And I can see what they look like as well without ever setting foot into them. CO, DAO, DD, DOA, IRON, KD, LE, LLL, LNX, LOTS, PKG, PL, and SEVG are the ones that have their own maps.

There IS another problem with having our own map though...

It costs a one-time payment of... $200

So, using GC -> $$ people, That's what? 200k? or 2m? or something...

Yes, the map can be edited after it's hooked to the main server map, but before the updates will show, you will have to wait until there is an update.

Something I'm wondering is if you can use the thing to make a MAP map of it... Like, you press the map button, you click here and walk there. So far, none of the other's have one. Would have to ask an Admin how to go about that... I think all we'd have to do is make a .BMP of the area, and it should work, ...because that's all that's in the map folder itself, just ELMs and BMPs. Personally, I'd rather they used JPGs... Not only would it cut down on a couple MB, everything would load a little quicker... ANYWAY...
==================================================

Alright, I already have some ideas for the map, but this is a guidl map, right? ...riiiiight? RIGHT?!?! Alright... So, I need everyone's input!! I was thinking for a meeting room a floating castle/palace place with a general meeting room, and a hidden council chamber for council only meetings. The only people who would know how to get in would be the council. (...and me, of course lol) Perhaps a PKing Multi-combat area? For training and events and such... Before you suggest though... I would head over to the forums and read about what they allow and what they don't allow.

Guild Map Notes
(For God's sake, scroll down to the bottom and read his notes, it's a lot quicker)

I also have some other ideas in my head, but yeah, that's for later... (we could also think of a guard-bot... But, I don't think it's in our nature to deny people who find the hidden place a tour, except for the castle-thing, that's PAL only. Also, that reminds me, we have to figure out where on the main map we want it to be hooked... it can be hooked to anything... I know since our bot is in Irsis, we need one of our entrance/exits in Irsis. (btw, like it says in the post, I think you can only have 1 entrance and 1 exit, and they have to be on the same continent... and we can't modify existing EL maps... and other stuff, I'll let you read for yourself)

Alright, let your imagination fly with it... I'll keep playing with the map I'm messing with now, and I'll let you know when I get started on the guild map.

Last edited by TessAnna on Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://paladins.forumandco.com
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: By TessAnna   Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:34 pm

It sounds like a good plan for the future, but we just spent a few weeks trying to make enough gold coin to get Paladina. We paid one person 500k gc and we still owe another some gold coin, which will come off the bot. She cost us two hundred dollars.

I will not sit in the mines like I did before spending my entire time harvestiing and turning it into gold coin like last time tho.

Furthermore, Paladina will NOT be able to pay for the bot, until she pays ppl back for what they have given her. All who contributed to her get paid back.

After that is said and done (I anticipate a couple months) we can put it up to a vote if we would like her to pay for a map or to spread the gold throughout the guild.

Now, on my actual perspective, I WOULD TOTALLY LOVE A GUILD MAP, and I hope we get one eventually, I just dont think we are ready for one yet. There was a time that DMZ and I discussed getting one for our guild eventually.

We can have a training ring for ppl, but NOT a PK area that any ol person can go to. If other guilds are told the secret to our map and the wrong guilds get in our map, then please keep in mind, we will more than likely abandon our map. ALL designs in the map would HAVE to be approved by all of council and then passed through whatever guildies are active in the guild at the time.

Guard bots will also cost money, lots to think about, and we would NEED a guard bot to keep enemies out, because as we know, someone will tell their friend who will tell their friend and so on and so forth. Also what guarantees a guildie who leaves from bringing their new guild in? I know you dont know the history of the Guild ORC but it would have been a bad thing for us to have had a guild map and no guard bot and them knowing how to get in and bring ppl in.

I DO think this is topic for discussion.

Been on the phone while I wrote this so please forvgive the rambling.

TessAnna
Party Pooper Surprised

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: By Drain   Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:35 pm

When I said PK and MC, I didn't mean for PKing each other and such, unless we were having like a gladiator tournament... Lol... I mainly meant for it to be used as training. And, I'm going to see if we can put it in the .def file to restrict access to the arena for PAL members only.

As for things being approved... Of course, why do you think after everyone posts some ideas, and I map it out, I'm gonna send it to you Tessy for you to look over and send to the others, and for them to look over. (and i see I can attach a file to this message... Which is what I'll do when I finish the first draft of the map... I'll attach it, and let everyone get it and look over it. Remember to use your map editor to open the file, when the time comes I'll also post the general controls for looking over it.

As for a guardbot... I understand, but what if we would like to give a tour or something? I suppose we wouldn't, but anyway. And, yeah... That would need to be paid for as well. However, it would be far cheaper, if someone made a char, trained it up to high A/D/P/C then had it made into a bot. If too many people get to know the entrance, we wouldn't have to abandon it. All we'd have to do is move the entrance and exit teleports... Next client update, our "flooding" problem is fixed.

As for the costs and paying off all GC debts, past and future, I'll help with that. BUT--Don't worry about paying me back. Don't do it. This way, everything will get settled quicker. IF you wish to give me GC, then do so for making the map, although I'm not asking anything in return for mapping. =) If you do decide to give me something, GC, items, whatever... Then please do so, AFTER ALL debts are paid: Paladina, guardbot, and map hook-up costs.

Like I said, I don't expect anything in return for making the map, just a simple thank you and due credit, that's all. =)

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: By Rogue34   Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:36 pm

I would really like to have a guild map personally. I think it would be a great way for us to increase our a/d. It would be, like Tess mentioned, something that we ALL would have to commit to help out with. I think this is something that we should keep a discussion running on to see what dedication there would be to this.

Good idea Drain.

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: By TessAnna   Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:37 pm

I have an excellent idea. Lets not look at the whole thing all at once (a tad overwhelming...lol) lets take one step at a time. You said it takes quite awhile to design the map.... let people post suggestions what they would like to see on it and you start working on it. By the way, there is no way I will allow YOU to pay for it all and that was NOT the point. We as a guild will ALL pull together and work on it..... all I ask for is a break though. Give us a few weeks to recover from the Paladina Gold Project and we can start busting our tail feathers on Guild Map Project.

Also, will you please copy and paste all research regarding rules of the map and guard bots here? I suppose we can do like we had with Paladina and make a character now so it can build skills. It would have a universal password (as Paladina did) so that people can get on him and train him and increase his skills. He also needs to be a PKer. Only way to increase the right skills, but remember, he will also be a Paladin, so he needs to not be a bagjumper or scammer. If possible after fighting, he needs to return bags, even if his have been stolen. We are better than that.

I will create two new project areas if all agree here, 1) Guild Map Project; and 2) Guild Guardbot Project.

Suggest names here, I like PaladinGuard or Guard2Paladins, not sure if they are taken or not.

Last option on the guardbot, trained pker characters are purchaseable from LuciferX, I think.

TessAnna

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: By Drain   Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:38 pm

Yeah, that's what I've wanted people to do from the start... lol post all kinds of ideas. I'll need a nice stack to sift through when I start. And, yeah it takes a long time to make one. Just judging by the lack of time-saving features there are in the map editor, it will take me about a month or over for me to get it designed. I'm a slight perfectionist when it comes to map making and such, I won't stop nudging a graphic around until it looks perfect to me and I'm happy with it. XD

I didn't mean for me to pay for the whole thing myself, at all... What I meant was, I'll help on any debts we still have left, (and don't worry about paying me back) then I'll chip in a lot, or as much as I can for the map and guardbot.

As for giving you guys a break, alright. But, I can't take a break, if I wait a couple weeks, it's just going to take THAT much longer for it to get done... I need to start laying the foundations of the map now. It can be up to 64x64. The sizes are 16x16, 32x32, and 64x64 I THINK. 64x64 might not sound like a lot, but look at it this way, IT'S HUGE. It's basically about 4 times bigger than IP, so that's what? About the size of... VOTD? TG? Anyway, ...it's pretty big. And, I put a link in my first post for you guys to click on to check the notes... lol... But, ok... I'll repost them.

(After reading the notes, I think it'll HAVE to be 64x64, but that's fine. =) More space to work with and such)

======
You check the notebook:

* A guild map costs 200 USD. We have to talk to Entropy and Roja about how we have to pay.
* A guild map's size is 64x64, which is four times bigger than Isla Prima.
* We have to choose where we want the guild map's entrances. They cannot be in both c1 and c2.
* The entrance can be any map except for other guild maps and Isla Prima, and any object as long as any existing map isn't altered in any way. (Entrances have to be approved by Roja)
* We can have one entrance and one exit as long as they're not strategically chosen.
* The exit cannot lead to portal rooms or the underworld or any other guild map.
* We can only have one harvestable object; a fruit.
* We can make the map ourselves, or we can get a mapmaker to make it. Getting a mapmaker to make it would be better.
* Gather some ideas for the map with the guild.
* We can't have special teleport rings.
* We can't restrict the map to guild members only. (I have a clarification on this)
* We can't have Storage NPCs.
* It'll get implemented when it's ready. But we would have to wait for a client update.
* We can test it out on the test server though.
* We can edit our map, but we have to wait for a client update for them to be implemented.
* We can't have fast regeneration areas, nor can you have fast reading areas.
* We can't have summoning areas either.
* We can't have areas that give you extra experience.
* We can have multi combat areas.
* We can have PK areas, or even a battle arena!
* We can have cold/heat/poison damage areas.
* We can only send updates/fixes of our map and definition file ONCE every update.
======

The clarification is, we can't restrict access to guild members only from entering the map, that doesn't mean that we can't place a high-level guardbot and a pking place around the entrance to "discourage" people from taking a look around. That also doesn't mean we can't restrict access to parts of the map to guild members only. (if I can figure out how to tell the .def to check for guild membership)
----------------------------------------------------------

So, anyway, I agree with getting this thing started, and I'll go ahead and make the base map, 64x64... Grass tiles. Btw, the more water there is around it, the easier it is to add a boarder to the map... lol TRUST ME, placing a mountainous boarder takes FOREVER.

If you'd like to look over how to make a .def and see if you understand it better than I do, lol... here is the link:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16835

(BTW, reading another post, it seems like they're going to try to have BOWs and ARROWs by 1.5.0... which they say should be about November XD)

As far as a guard bot goes, here are the general bot rules:

(some whitespace has been reduced as to make the post shorter)
Eternal Land's Bot Rules

1. All bots must be declared & paid for. If they are not, they will be banned.
2. Bots that only talk are OK, as long as they don't spam local chat or a main channel,
and they are not breaking any of the game rules.
3. The only bots that are allowed to buy and sell now are paid bots.
4. Trade bots cannot be in range of any storage.
5. Bots that serve their master in a way such as muling are illegal (see the rules for multiplaying).
6. Bots cannot be stationed in range of harvestable items. They must be far enough way so that they
cannot harvest from where they are standing.
7. No bots are allowed on Isla Prima unless agreed upon by us.
8. Bots can not make items or level up* in any skills using any automated program(s), or manually.
If the Player wants to level the bot manually, this has to be done BEFORE the character becomes
a bot and is declared to be one, NOT use any automating programs which would go against the main
game rules, Rule #6. If a bot is in a map where there are monsters who will attack it, it is ok
if the bot just stands there and is attacked, like an afk player, but the bot is not allowed to
initiate attacks, nor is it allowed to be stationed near a monster spawn.
9. Commerce bots have to be stationary, with a few exceptions (such as going to the storage every once in a while, or some bots going to resupply, if an exception is made in their case).
10. Bots that are allowed to speak in official channels are only allowed one message no more frequently than once every 15 minutes. That means the entire message MUST fit in one posting only.
11. If you wish to add any new features AFTER your bot was an initially approved, those features must be approved by Entropy FIRST.

*Exceptions to the rule of no leveling up in any skill MIGHT be possible but only after having Entropy
know about it and agreed upon. You must discuss these issues with him and give all details as to why
your bot should be allowed to level up.
**These rules can be added to or revised at any given time.

How much does having a bot cost?
There are 3 different types of bot costs:

1.A normal character bot: $20 per year.
2.A blessed character bot: $100 for the first year, then $20 for each year thereafter.
(A blessed bot is given 500 coordination and 500 physique.)
3.A bot that supports and benefits the whole community can be free, if approved by us. This is determined on a case by case basis.

How do I declare & pay for a bot?

To pay: Visit the Shop Page of our website, scroll all the way down and read about payment information. You can use paypal or send a check or money order in the mail.

To declare:
Send an email to Entropy at: chaos_rift AT yahoo DOT com OR a forum pm to Entropy to see if your bot will be approved before paying. The following info MUST be provided:

1. your in game name
2. your bot's in game name
3. what your bot will be used for
4. the location of the bot. Exact x,y coordinates and the map name must be given!

*After your bot is declared and approved, your bot will be tagged as such in the game. All bots that are not tagged are considered illegal, as they are undeclared or unapproved. They will be banned!
**Also note Rule #11. If you wish to add any new features AFTER your bot was an initially approved, those features must be approved by Entropy FIRST.

How do i get a bot?
There are 2 ways:

1. You have to make it. Yourself. By Programming it!
There is no buttons to click and no form to fill out, no readily made construction set.
You can use the testserver on port 2001 to develop your bot and you have to get your bot approved before you connect with it to the main server.

2. Find someone to make it for you. Learner offers this service for a price. Go here to read more:
Learner's Bot Services

Now, as for all that, I can't find the specifics on having a bot for that purpose. (a guild map guardbot) So, when the time comes, someone's going to have to ask either Roja or Entropy about the specifics on that.

As for buying a trained PK character... I'd rather not... It would be easier for everyone to work to get them up, then we'll only have to worry about GC>$$'ing $20 annually on that part. (plus bot programmer's fees, if you use learners or someone else)

Well, I think that's about everything.

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: By TessAnna   Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:39 pm

Wow, good work, thank you for all your hard research!!

TessAnna

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: By Drain   Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:40 pm

First, even though it's not in the projects area yet, so I can go ahead and get started... I need a consensus (or however it's spelled) of... Well, I need everyone to agree on a general look for the map. Island(s) A paradise... A desert... A ruin... A dark and gothic place... You know so, I need everyone to get on here and discuss what they'd like the overall feel of the map to be... it can be multiple things. Like, I plan to make everyone a personal house to their specifications. That'll be one of the last things I do though. And, I'll talk to each and every person one-on-one to get the design of their house right.

So, general, overall look everyone?

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: By Tess   Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:40 pm

It should be beautiful and represent our peaceful and helping side.

TessAnna

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: By Hallinx   Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:41 pm

I agree with tess but if i get a house, i want it in a tucked away corner (kinda goth style) Very Happy

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: By LadyMcBeth   Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:42 pm

Smile wow looks like you have done alot of research. I think our map should have castles and be very beautiful, not dark and gothy. but however someone wants their house should be up to them Smile have fun mapping cuz i know thats youre line of work.

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: TessAnna   Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:44 pm

A castle would totally ROCK

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: Drain   Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:45 pm

Well, I plan to make one huge castle (the only thing I hate about mapping is interiors... lol) Then, after that is done, and everything else, if a person wants a small castle for their house, then so be it. =P

I finally got some work done on it today... The past week, or so, hasn't been good, so I haven't had a lot of time for it.

I need everyone to do something for me:

Pick a location where you think it would be good to have our entrance. Everyone needs to decide on one entrance and one exit. This will help me figure out where to place it in the map. It can be whatever you want to it be, a rock, a bush, a tree, a lamp, whatever looks good to you. When you find something you really think should be it... post the map and coords so that others can take a look and decide. I'm in favor of one major thing... The entrance/exit being on C1, that way we won't have to worry about walking that long distance, or keeping a ring stock up.

There are some nice lily patches to the east of the blue lupines in portland, there are 2 lakes, I'm talking about the furthest one... the pink lily. I forgot to get the coords, 'cause I'm super tired, and I'm about to go to bed. Well, let me know what places you guys are interested in, and I'll have a look too. =)

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: Tess   Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:46 pm

I vote for a C2 entrance, but that's just my selfish opinion. Chances are, if the entrance/exit is on C1, I will rarely visit. Not to say dont put it on C1, just to let you know, I live on C2 and RARELY go to C1. As for rings to C2, SPEAK UP!! lol. Sometimes I give some out, sometimes I will hold guild channel contests and make a Ring of Anitora a prize. One day I hope to make the rest of the C2 rings, but so far, no time for it.

By the way, don't you visit Paladina? If not she will get empty and lonely Sad

TessAnna

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: Drain   Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:47 pm

I go to Paladina when she needs something I have... Like the 20 steel shields I have tucked away... lol

It doesn't HAVE to be on C1, I'm just saying, it might be a little easier for everyone to visit... AND, once you've seen the map, I think you'll want to come and visit tons XD

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: Rogue   Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:48 pm

I personally am kinda between both maps quite a bit. I would be down with having it either place. My opinion for specific location on either continent would be Irsis for c2 or Portland for c1. I spend most of my time in either of those places so would be convenient for me.

As for the map itself, I think it would be nice to have unique teleport locations at both entrances that would take us directly to our respective houses. And then have a teleport to a castle teleport room. Just my thoughts...

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: Drain   Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:53 pm

Here's a little shot for you all to look at. It's just one very small portion. AngelMother's area to be precise, and it's just a portion of that. About 70% of it is what you're seeing.

I didn't do the upload to photobucket, because I forgot my name and pass on there, i think I have one written down, but not the other, oh well... lol.

Also had to save it as a JPEG, because this thing won't upload Bitmaps... So, it lost some of it's quality.

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: Ariet   Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:54 pm

Wow way to go, is it we have our own little areas or what now? well good job drain dude, don't overwork yourself now man, again good job, is it possible to see the whole thing once it is done? blink.gif

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: Drain   Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:54 pm

It depends.

The main people are going to get their own houses... Other's just get a room in the castle, for now. Private islands are a... "special" thing, it's hard to get one of those.

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: Lady McBeth   Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:55 pm

Wonderful work drain, i see your talent is comming out *pats him on the back* *thumbs up* its very beautiful smile.gif progress, progress! takes time and patients but i know u can do it smile.gif
Lady

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: JsNova   Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:56 pm

Dude that looks AWSOME. you can put resources on it cant ye?

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: TessAnna   Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:56 pm

I am in awe of your talent. How beautiful and tantalizing.

Tess

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: Rogue   Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:59 pm

Hey Drain, have you ever considered going in to landscaping? biggrin.gif That looks really good! I can't wait to see the whole map.

THEN:

Daegun

Looks nice! I've got some experience in making maps and such from other games as well. I'll take a look at their map editor and see if I can help. smile.gif

That is, if you want some help. lol

THEN:

JSNOVA

Maybe the entrance should be somewhere in Emerald Valley Trade Route. I think i've seen everyone (i've met) in the guild there in the 2 weeks i've been here. Srry bot the stupid q ealier missed the first page.
Have fun

THEN:

Drain

I'm alright with EVTR as well. At least you can ring there... I wouldn't mind it being either there, or Portland.

And, Daegun... I have it covered for now. After I finish it, you can show me how good you are at mapping, then if I need some changes done, but am too busy, then I can hand it over for you. It wouldn't be wise to have 2 people working on the map, unless they're using the same program at the same time, because one of the copies would always be out-of-date and they would constantly be differing from one another.

Update: Finished the major part of Lady's house area, and did some more work on the island around it.

THEN:

Daegun

Just as well, seeing I can not find the Linux version of the editor. lol I'm sure it's out there, but just haven't looked hard enough.

THEN:

DRAIN

No, there isn't a Linux Map Editor... There was a post in the EL forums about that, I saw it yesterday. You can try to use the windows editor, but it might not work right... Just passing on a boiled down version of what was said in that thread.

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: Lady McBeth   Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:02 pm

I see your working very hard and puttin in lots of hours on this map. Its gonna be great once its finished smile.gif Thank you very much for your dedication to this map making process *hugs* oh and dont over work yourself..get lots of rest too smile.gif
Lady

THEN:

Tess

You told me to ask for what I wish, to be honest, you can do as you wish and I will be pleased no matter what. I am touched by what you are doing already. But if you wish to know some of my favorite things in this game, I love the blue star flowers, all the roses, the colorful tulips, the gazebo looking things, the wishing wells, the pretty trees and all things beautiful in nature to give you some ideas.

I would adore it if you could make me a bedroom like the one in Sistema's house, I can tell you where. I also like the houses that have a table and chairs, neat lil fireplace with cozy rug in front of it... cant really think of much else. Maybe a bookshelf full of books as I LOVE to read and research.

One more SUGGESTION ONLY.... not a DEMAND... so if it is too much, please dont do it... but would it be possible to make a town meeting hall? Some place for meetings? Also would be a great place for guild pictures, preferable inside for privacy during either interviews or meetings.

To get in a guild map I have been to, one needs a silver ring... how hard is some little jig like that to do?

You asked me where I would like to be on the map.... anywhere you put me is fine... I don't need an island.... and I like the idea of you putting me in a corner, that sounds mysterious and cool.........if I see a house in the game that really tickles my fancy I can tell you to help you, but really, anything to do is not only greatly appreciated but also very much acceptable.

By the way, who is getting houses? who is getting rooms? what are your intentions for when the guild grows?

Hail to the guild Map Maker

TessAnna

THEN:

DRAIN

Sorry, guys... Today was awful, I got like 3 hours of sleep, and... yeah... I was super-tired, and still am. I didn't get a chance to work on it at all today... Other wise, I'd have another teaser screen shot for you. However, there should be one coming in the next few days.

Tess,

Yeah, I'll have to see where Sistema's place is; I've never been there. As for the meeting area, there is going to be one already. It'll be in the main castle. As for the silver ring thing, It's not hard to do... But, that's done in the .def file. Just a teleport event with an object that activates it.

As far as who is getting islands/houses/room... Here is a copy+pasted member list from the News section, with my details on it instead of the usual stuff:

===============================================

TessAnna - HOUSE (whatever she wants... house as requested)
DMZ - ISLAND (whatever he wants... island as requested)
Lady_McBeth - ISLAND
AngelMother - ISLAND
Rogue34 - ISLAND

Paladina - NONE

SAWolf - HOUSE
Ariet - ISLAND/HOUSE (whichever, haven't talked to him yet about it)

Fr0stbyte6 - UNDECIDED
Ikaris - UNDECIDED
Drain - ISLAND

Loralei - HOUSE
Summerdays - ROOM
JSNova86 - ROOM

Hallinx - ROOM
SilverArrow - ROOM
Daegun - ROOM

===============================================

As for my plans for when the guild gets bigger... New members, regardless of who they know will get rooms. I will make more rooms that needed for the above, to have extra space for the future members.

As for someone moving from a room to a house... I still think that donation thing would be a good idea. Not only are they going to JUST get a house when they donate to move out of the room, they will also get an ##x## sized patch around their house as their area. Not very big. Further donations will increase the size of their plot. It can be styled as they wish for no further donation, since their plot donation covers everything inside that plot. And, there are some other things, but this is a topic for further discussion, and I suppose a vote would be needed. If it goes through, I do ask one thing though: You allow me to set the amount of the donation needed to do the required action. I ask this, because I'm the mapper. (<-sorry if that sounds arrogant, I didn't mean it to be AT ALL, I'll explain further) Since I'm the one mapping it, I know, and am used to, the time it takes to do things. Plus, I'm regularly poor, so I DEFINITELY WON'T set the required donation amount too high. If we can use Paladina as the "guild fund keeper" we can just have them give me the coins needed, then I'll store them on Paladina. If we can't use her, then I'm sure we can think of another way. It needs to be set so that everyone in the guild can use it from time to time, or it can be devoted to guild needs. I think it would be best to use Paladina as the keeper of the funds, since she also gets money by being our bot.... ANYWAY, like I said, further discussion on that, plus a vote is needed.

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: Drain   Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:05 pm

I got a little bit more work done on the map tonight, just a little, not much. In any case, I decided to go ahead and give you the teaser shot... It may look a little rough, but that's because I'm not quite done with this area yet. I'm only about 60% done with Lady's area... What you're seeing in the screen shot is about 45% of her area. It's zoomed out at about 2.5 to 3x the maximum zoom you can pull back to in the game.

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: Tess   Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:07 pm

That is so beautiful, so classy.

TessAnna

THEN:

ROGUE

Oooh. Jealous of Lady.. smile.gif Nice work Drain!

THEN:

LadyMcBeth

Drain , thats very nice smile.gif very very nice work!
Lady_McBeth

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: Drain   Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:09 pm

Here's a better version of that teaser shot. I've done probably about 90-95% on that area you're looking at. Let me know what you think, there are a couple things I'm not sure about, but it's your opinion that matters, especially Lady's, since it's her area.

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: DRAIN   Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:13 pm

Here's another teaser shot for you... DMZ's area. I got a little carried away with his "hill" that he wanted his tower on, but I think everything came together decently... decently.

Just have to height-map it and touch it up.

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: ADORATION   Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:18 pm

DMZ

Drain it looks superb and whats a little height amongst friends smile.gif

Can't wait until we can have our virtual tour.

DMZ

TESS

Wow DMZ, you are on TOP of the world!!!!!

I am humbled by your mighty presence.

Tess

DRAIN

A treat for you all... TWO teaser shots this time. Since I can only attach one at a time, I'll be making another reply after this with the other one.

This first one is of the area you end up in immediately after you use the antlers on the well. The second one is where you end up after you use the rope.

Note: I took these pictures at night, so that you could see all the nice lighting effects.

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: Drain   Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:19 pm

And, here's the second area... After you use the rope, the actual beginning part of the map, since the other place is technically under that well

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: Adoration   Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:23 pm

Tess

OMG Drain.... I don't even know what to say..... words are not enough to express how I feel about your talent. The goal you told me of..... no worries!!!!

Tess

Nova

I call under the Well

Drain

I'm really pumping things out lately! XD Guess what? ANOTHER TEASER SHOT!!

This time, it's of Ariet's area. I'm currently working on Tess' area now, (your walls are being a pain in the ass, 2-3 hours on them alone with little progress -.-) Once Tess' area is done, I'll be working on mine, until Rouge and SAWolf give me the details for their area. The original order was Rouge, SAWolf, Tess (for these, that is)... But, because of lack of being in formed of details for people's areas, I'll be working in this order, until they let me know their details: Tess, Me, Main Castle Complex, Rouge/SAWolf, SAWolf/Rouge.

Anyway, here's the screenie of Ariet's place. =)

Edit: Thought I'd let you know... Current map size, and I'm not nearly anywhere near being done is.... ~536KB. To see how big that is, compare that with the other .ELM files in your maps folder. =)

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: Adoration   Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:27 pm

Tess

o tasteful... and bachelor pad looking smile.gif)

DRAIN

Guess what? TIME FOR ANOTHER TEASER!!

This time, the screenie is for... DUN-DUH-NUH-NAH!! Tessy's area!

That's right, ANOTHER area is done. Until Rouge and SAWolf give me their area details, I'll have to move onto making my area, then the main castle complex.

Anyway... Here it is:

=D

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: Ikaris   Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:28 pm

Sneaks into the discussion....

I've been away in Trondheim and Rome for the last month...

Lovely work your doing.

Deciding on what I might like to have ... pseudo greco-roman villa ... put me at the end of the current list.

<still wiping away the ashes of Pompeii>

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: Drain   Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:30 pm

Guess what?

(Already?)

Yes, that's right! ALREADY!

Another teaser shot for you~~!! happy.gif

=D

This one is of my area. That mean in the current list, all areas are done, until I get Rouge's and SAWolf's details. As for Ikaris, I'll have to talk to him in-game when he's back and active, which will be later. So, for now, I'm DONE will specialized areas, except for the 2 I'm waiting on mentioned above. =D

Now... To start the task of working on the main castle complex...

(Remember, I mean the outsides... I'll be going back through the list when I go to do the insides)

Alright, here's it is, the teaser shot of my area. =D

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: Lost the fucking reply   Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:32 pm

Rogue asked for an ice castle

Drain said he will build it slowly, brick by brick

Tess said

My area is INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Thank you sweet sweet man.

Tess

Ikaris
As I said ... lovely work Drain...

I may even be convinced to send you several thousand photos of the best of Rome, Colliseum, Forum, Palantine Hill, Ostia Antica(the Port town of Ancient Rome), POMPEII ... and other interesting stuff...

((Vatican Museum... St. Peter's Bassilica ... Cathedral of Rome...) too much and will take a month to sort out...)

But we will certainly talk about it...

Thank You,
so much for your work...

BTW... am a Maya animator ... so we can go deep into the discussions whenever i get back ingame.

Ikaris

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: Tess chat logs   Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:34 pm

CHAT LOG WITH VALUABLE INFORMATION

[16:49:29] [PM from *****: I saw your update the other day. So you're gonna have a map? ;-)]
[16:49:38] [PM to *****: yes sir... Smile)))]
[16:49:56] [PM from *****: that's cool. How big? What sort of stuff yo going to put on it?]
[16:50:33] [PM to *****: i have no control, we got a new guildie in awhile back, he just wanted to work on one, he has been very diligent, little teaser shots here and there and]
[16:50:40] [PM to *****: the guild voted to go ahead with it]
[16:51:10] [PM from *****: that's a bit committement (map cost and guard-bot costs).]
[16:51:28] [PM from *****: But it's nice to have a safe place to pvp train with a private map.]
[16:51:34] [PM to *****: yeah, we convert gold to dollars, got a couple ppl who want EL gold and have dollars to burn]
[16:51:43] [PM to *****: i get a house]
[16:52:27] [PM from *****: I would strongly suggest you get some outside consultation on map security. It's a BIG problem and most guilds don't do well with it.]
[16:52:44] [PM from *****: (name to be given to Drain only) would be a good person to talk to as he's done a lot with security on the XXXX map.]
[16:52:59] [PM to *****: cool, will hook drain up with (name to be given to Drain only)]
[16:53:16] [PM from *****: If you're maps is not secure, then your pvp isn't safe. That sort of ruins the whole thing.]
[16:53:32] [TessAnna @ guild]: will our map have a pvp?
[16:53:39] [PM to *****: we got a guard bot for it too]
[16:53:52] [PM to *****: and the way in is very very odd, not even close to easily guessed]
[16:54:01] [dmz @ guild]: i'm not sure, we mentioned it somewhere in the thread, somewhere in the rules of guild maps
[16:54:27] [PM from *****: You'd be surprised what people can do. NEVER underestimate people's ability to figure stuff out.]
[16:54:36] [PM from *****: If you can design it, someone can decode it.]
[16:54:42] [PM to *****: ahhh, so true]
[16:55:17] [PM from *****: When you have it on the test-server (a typical step before it moves to the main) I'd be happy to take a look at stuff if you want.]
[16:55:34] [PM from *****: Not to figure it out, but to see what you have and how it works and what issues I might notice.]
[16:55:49] [PM from *****: You have coders in-guild for guard-bot? ]
[16:55:50] [PM to *****: so far lots of houses..... and a castle....]
[16:56:30] [PM to *****: no, we are doing the same thing we did with store bot, training her up, then giving her to learner for codes... i think to learner, not sure]
[16:56:50] [PM to *****: i mean HIM up, not HER]
[16:57:10] [PM from *****: ahh, ok. I wasn't aware learner had guard-bot services (VERY different than sales bot services).]
[16:57:28] [PM to *****: yes, i think i saw the guard bot on his list... will double check tho]
[16:57:37] [PM from *****: I do our guard-bot. Started with the redknight2 code-base, and have re-written significant parts of it.]
[16:57:44] [PM to *****: XXXX has a good guard bot, but i think they design it]
[16:58:09] [PM to *****: we can pay you for our guard bot coding... if you desire to do yet even more work... it will be in a few months tho]
[16:58:13] [PM from *****: Our bots know how to eat, heal, restore, use various pots, tele-range (for attack purposes) and a bunch of other stuff.]
[16:58:55] [PM from *****: our guard bots also handle all guild management (people enter/exit).]
[16:59:14] [Rogue34 @ guild]: i would like it if we at least had a pvp section
[16:59:16] [PM from *****: we have 2 bots, so one's is owner of JusT, the other SegV, so people can switch to segv for pvp training.]
[16:59:34] [PM from *****: The bots communiate so a #gm in one is sent to the other, so everyone in both guilds can see all the #gm's.]
[16:59:45] [PM to *****: i like that]
[16:59:59] [PM from *****: Bots can drop equipment (to remove stuff), they know how to equip the best gear then have on them.]
[17:00:09] [TessAnna @ guild]: am speaking to *****, he is full of advice, talking about security breaches, bot coding etc
[17:00:12] [PM from *****: If someone dies and drops something good, the bot will put it on.]
[17:00:38] [PM from *****: THen know how to get back to their map should they die. Then can do patrol routs (waypoints).]
[17:01:04] [PM to *****: they auto walk back to their map?]
[17:01:10] [PM to *****: isnt that a macro that is illegal?]
[17:01:25] [PM from *****: Nope. Bots are allowed to go home.]
[17:01:35] [PM from *****: No good if they sit in hades.]
[17:01:53] [PM from *****: we have white lists, PK lists (both individuals and guilds)]
[17:01:54] [PM to *****: so... in about three months, want a job coding a bot?]
[17:02:08] [PM to *****: do they still build attack and defense skills after being a bot?]
[17:02:17] [PM from *****: And a temp-list, so guild members can temp-whitelist someone to pvp and they auto-drop later.]
[17:02:24] [TessAnna @ guild]: trying to talk him into doing our bot code when its ready
[17:02:38] [PM from *****: THey can't train, but they get a little bit if they kill someone.]
[17:02:57] [PM from *****: But basically, you need to do all the a/d BEFORE bot'ing them. Then get a blessing so their p/c is really high.]
[17:03:13] [PM to *****: yeah, thats the plan, one of the reasons it will be awhile]
[17:03:45] [PM to *****: we have three ppl training and healing him]
[17:04:16] [PM from *****: kathk is 51/51 a/d. Sigsegv is only 25/24. It's the 500 p/c that makes them deadly.]
[17:04:38] [PM to *****: so one blessing is enough?]
[17:04:46] [PM from *****: You DO want to get him to mag 49 (no-fail restore). Don't want your bot dieing because a restore failed.]
[17:05:04] [TessAnna @ guild]: the guard bot NEEDS to be at level 49 magic
[17:05:09] [TessAnna @ guild]: for no fail restore
[17:05:15] [dmz @ guild]: why's that?
[17:05:21] [PM from *****: 1 blessing seems to be enough. Of course the higher the a/d the better. BUt 50-70 is probably good (you don't need 100).]
[17:05:23] [dmz @ guild]: and thats a lot of shield spells to cast
[17:05:36] [TessAnna @ guild]: a and d should be about 50-70
[17:05:49] [PM from *****: generally with a 500/500 p/c they kill in 1-2 hits.]
[17:05:57] [TessAnna @ guild]: can also sit at beam healing ppl or heal the animal its fighting
[17:06:05] [PM to *****: cool]
[17:06:16] [PM to *****: unless of course a bunch of ppl gain up on them]
[17:06:17] [PM from *****: Most of the PPs they get should go into will, and perhaps perception so it will be harder for people to sneak by.]
[17:06:31] [TessAnna @ guild]: PP should go into Will and Perception
[17:06:33] [dmz @ guild]: thats going to be a lot of workign to get att/def up
[17:06:48] [PM from *****: ANd summons can be a problem too.]
[17:07:06] [TessAnna @ guild]: i will copy and paste this chat log in bot section when i can
[17:07:09] [PM from *****: But a carefully designed map can help prevent too many people or summons getting to the bot at one time.]
[17:07:22] [PM from *****: Using blocks, choke-points, etc.]
[17:07:29] [PM to *****: i am going to copy and pste this chat section in bot area when ican, will omit your name]
[17:07:30] [Jsnova86 @ guild]: ok
[17:07:33] [dmz @ guild]: ok
[17:07:46] [PM from *****: that's fine.]
[17:07:48] [TessAnna @ guild]: hmm, good stuff here for map section too
[17:07:55] [PM to *****: and map section....lol]
[17:08:06] No player is in the game with the name of (name to be given to Drain only)
[17:08:09] [PM from *****: Our island has kath's island (where one of the bots lives). People arive on a rowboat.]
[17:08:24] [PM from *****: Entropy's guidlines says they have a few moments before the bot may attack.]
[17:08:37] [PM from *****: If they don't move off the boat, they COULD summon a bunch of stuff.]
[17:08:42] [PM to Gossip: msg (name to be given to Drain only) we are creating a guild map, guildie DRAIN is doing it, can he collaborate with you on it? ***** told me of your knowledge in that area.]
[17:08:43] [PM from Gossip: Ok, I'll tell 'em when I see 'em.]
[17:09:02] [PM from *****: So we make the space AROUND the boat as valid map squares, with no way to the island, and with COLD damamge.]
[17:09:14] [PM to *****: so person entering can attack and summon but bot cant?]
[17:09:31] [PM from *****: If to many people or summons try to land on the boat, then overflow to the water and they're stuck and will soon die.]
[17:09:33] [PM to *****: one day i would like a tour of your map...if possible]
[17:09:45] [PM from *****: That's PART of our defense against mass attack or mass summons.]
[17:09:53] [PM to *****: i think its excellent]
[17:10:01] [PM from *****: And yes, if the person stays on the boat, they have 20 seconds or so.]
[17:10:14] [PM from *****: But if they move, the bot attacks. If they stay to long, the bot attacks.]
[17:10:30] [PM to *****: what if they leave the boat and make summons off the boat, still have time for that as well]
[17:10:30] [PM from *****: And I THINK if they summon more than 1-2 things, the bot may attack also (I'd have to check that).]
[17:10:52] [PM from *****: If they step off the boat, they'll be dead every then can do a second summon.]
[17:11:31] [PM to *****: i dont understand, they cant get off the boat for 20 secs as well?]
[17:11:31] [PM from *****: sorry, typing to fast, they'll be dead before they can do....]
[17:11:59] [PM from *****: the 20 sec is a time delay before attack. But if they step off the boat then the delay is lost and the bot attacks.]
[17:12:09] [PM to *****: ahhhh, i see]
[17:12:16] [PM from *****: The delay gives someone who got their by mistake a chance to click the boat and leave.]
[17:12:24] [PM to *****: XXXX has a double entry into their map.... i bet that helps as well]
[17:12:26] [PM from *****: But if they come back again, the bot attacks (they had their warning).]
[17:12:38] [PM to *****: makes sense]
[17:13:04] [PM to *****: can the intruder cast harm on the bot from the boat?]
[17:13:25] [PM from *****: magic spells are considered an attack, no more delay.]
[17:13:58] [PM to *****: have you been to XXXX map?]
[17:14:12] [PM to *****: without telling secrets, it has a way off regular map into it]
[17:14:13] [PM from *****: I can't remember if the bot can do magic immunity... perhaps.]
[17:14:19] [PM to *****: then in a guard bot room type place]
[17:14:30] [PM to *****: then have to enter thru another area to get to actual iron map]
[17:14:44] [PM from *****: most guild maps are like that. A secret entrance off some map, a security zone with a guard bot, and then the rest of the map.]
[17:15:34] [PM from *****: we have two security zones (with 2 bots) to get through.]
[17:15:46] [PM to *****: oh... why two?]
[17:16:03] [PM from *****: more security.]
[17:16:22] [PM to *****: any problems so far?]
[17:16:28] [PM from *****: the original makers wanted a big map, and lots of security.]
[17:16:47] [PM to *****: ithink our map is large...it has to be with all that drain is doing to it]
[17:17:06] [PM from *****: A few people try to get in every so often. I don't think anyone has ever made it.]
[17:17:26] [PM to *****: do you have houses on it?]
[17:17:49] [PM from *****: we did some extensive testing with guild folks trying varoius things to get past the 1st bot. We made map changes as a result of those tests.]
[17:18:13] [PM from *****: Yes, we have houses, guild hall, cemetary, training islands, a volleyball court, and lots of other eye-candy.]
[17:19:01] [PM from *****: unfortunately, 95% of the map never gets used. Most people just go on to the training islands and that's it.]
[17:19:30] [PM from *****: We've had a few guild meetings in the hall (and one wedding) but most of it is just to look nice to people who go explore.]
[17:19:54] [PM to *****: drain has designed about five islands and about seven houses, some of us (ME) has their own area...lol]
[17:20:02] [PM from *****: with no storage, no NPCs, no harvestables, etc, etc, there's only so much you can do with most of the map.]
[17:20:12] [PM to *****: yeah...]
[17:20:27] [PM to *****: i thought XXXX had a fruit that was harvestable....]
[17:20:38] [PM from *****: to be honest, that sounds cool, but the effort to get in (past security) and the fact that you can't do anything once you get there, well,]
[17:20:50] [PM from *****: the houses won't get used that much. But still fun to have.]
[17:21:07] [PM to *****: yeah, my area looks like AA]
[17:21:17] [PM from *****: you are allowed one fruit harvestable on the map somewhere. But that's it.]
[17:21:32] [PM to *****: we will have a guild meeting room... and a private council meeting area as well.]
[17:21:33] [PM from *****: ANd the bots can NOT use that for harvest experience.]
[17:21:58] [PM to *****: i think it would be better near the pvp arena]
[17:22:19] [PM from *****: well, since that's where 99% of the people will spend time, yes, makes sense.]
[17:22:47] [PM from *****: oh, a hint.... You probable want your map entrance/exit to be on a map close to a storage.]
[17:22:48] [TessAnna @ guild]: i wonder for pvp purposes
[17:22:55] [PM to *****: it is]
[17:22:57] [PM from *****: Makes it easier to re-supply while you pvp.]
[17:23:55] [PM from *****: you're allowed 2 entrenances, so it can be a nice shortcut from one area of the continent to another. If you pick both well.]
[17:26:24] [PM from *****: well I know CO has two (one in VotD and one in KF). We have 2. I assume others have 2 also.]
[17:26:45] [PM from *****: You can, but all entry/exits have to be on the SAME continent. I already asked about that one.]
[17:26:46] [PM to *****: i will make sure he finds out... would be nice if it were two]

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: Chats   Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:36 pm

Rogue
Thats some serious knowledge right there. Some helpful hints and whatnot. What a knowledgeable person wink.gif

"The Rogue"

NOVA
Wow alot of info. Whats this Rednight stuff? If you could tell me how to get ahold of it maybe i can figure out how to program the bot(free and save you guys the cost). also were are we going to put the 2nd entrance. 3 ideas that come to mind are EVTR (seen evryone there at least once), SRD (I go threre to mine.tongue.gif), and somewhere close to c2 entrance( as a shortcut for those who cant or dont use rings)

Tess
I think it should NOT be near Irsis. Close to C2 entrance sounds good tho.

Back to top Go down
TessAnna
Admin

PostSubject: Drain   Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:38 pm

As for the 2nd entrance... think about what you're saying... That means a 2nd guard bot, and a 2nd entrance area on the map, lessening places for house insides and the insides of other things... So, think carefully about this...

Anyway... Now for the reason I logged in at this time. =D

TEASER SHOT! XD

Rouge's area is finished, and since there wasn't much to work with, it may look a little less impressive on the outside. I made it night-time, because it looks better. =D

Rouge's area took about 10+ hours. ~6+ of that was building his precious castle >_> lol

His castle was inspired by... "early KOOPA" rofl... lol.. well, there's not much you can do with ice blocks other than that.

Anyway... That's all current areas down.. finished, completed, etc... NOW, I can move onto the main castle complex. After words, I'll do the rest of the general map area, then go back through the list and make the insides as people want them, starting with the castle, to get that out of the way.

Anyway, here you are, Rouge's area:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MAP INFO FROM OLD FORUMS   

Back to top Go down

MAP INFO FROM OLD FORUMS
Page 1 of 1